For so many cruisers their day at Castway Cay is the favorite part of a Disney cruise – check out these 8 things that make Disney Cruise Line’s private island a cut above.
- It is a private Bahamian paradise – Castaway Cay is reserved exclusively for Disney Cruise Line guests, and only one ship docks there at a time. This means you get more of that powdery white sand to yourself as you enjoy the island’s lush landscape and turquoise waters. Plus, Bahamian shops and a post office add local flavor to your day in the Abacos.
- Everything you need is included – Towels, beach chairs, umbrellas? We’ve got you covered. Lunch? A delicious all-you-care-to-eat buffet and soda fountains are steps away from the family beach. The only thing you need to bring is sunblock (though if you forget it, you can always purchase a bottle at one of the island’s shops).
- It’s easy to get around – The dock at Castaway Cay means you’re one step closer to fun in the sun since you don’t need to take a tender boat from the ship. Then it’s just a short walk to the tram, which will take you to various points on the 1,000-acre island. Want a more adventurous way to explore? Rent a bicycle and stretch your sea legs!
- Lots of activities – Take a banana boat thrill ride or cast off on a fishing tour. In addition to more than a dozen guided Port Adventures out on the water, paddle boats, water cycles, sea kayaks, sailboats, stand-up paddle boards and snorkel gear are all available to rent.
- Your stateroom key card works on the island – You’ll need it to get off and on the ship and make purchases on the island. Treat your family to frozen drinks at the Olaf-inspired Summertime Freeze or yourself to Bahamian specialty drinks at one of the bars. Then shop our collection of exclusive Castaway Cay merchandise at She Sells Sea Shells…and Everything Else!
- There’s something for every member of the family – Just like on the ship, kids, tweens and teens have activities and spaces designed specifically for them. And while your little ones ages 3-12 are hanging out with the youth counselors at Scuttle’s Cove, you can get some “me time” at our pristine stretch of beach reserved for adults.
- Castaway Cay has all the ingredients for fun and relaxation – Fly high above the island on a parasail adventure, snorkel in a 12-acre lagoon, or lounge in a hammock gazing at the crystal-clear waters. Start the day off right with yoga on the beach, or for the ultimate indulgence, schedule a massage in a private cabana at the adult-exclusive Serenity Bay.
- Disney characters join the fun on Castaway Cay too – You won’t want to miss a warm hug from Olaf or a high-five from Goofy. Bring your camera for that perfect photo op with Mickey and the gang wearing island attire in front of a picturesque backdrop—turquoise water, silky sand and swaying palm trees.
A day at Castaway Cay is included in most Bahamian and Caribbean sailings.
(Because so many people ask…it’s pronounced Castaway KEY).
If you’re to ready start planning your family’s Disney vacation, if you need more information or if you just want to ask a question call me at 901-828-6354, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Send Margaret A Message button.
Remember there is never any additional cost or fee for planning and booking your vacation with me.
For more updates check back here often and follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MouseFanMargaret.